Chana Gittle’s weekly “pep-rally”, Finding Joy in the Chaos, has changed the lives of women, empowering them with skills for self-care, marriage, relationships, time and home management, while building a community to share challenges and triumphs, and fun.
The curriculum is ever-growing and changing to serve the needs of the women. These are some of the topics we generally cover:
EVERY FIELD TRIP NEEDS A PERMISSION SLIP.
We will start with giving ourselves permission to dive in, enjoy, embrace, grow, shine our special light, trust ourselves and take care of ourselves.
DEFINE THE CARROT:
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
Where are you headed? What is your dream for your family?
YOU ARE NOW ON THE ROAD-CREW:
FINDING, FILLING AND AVOIDING YOUR EMOTIONAL POTHOLES.
Identifying our own potholes, repairing or avoiding them – dealing with our own wounds, anger, guilt depression, low self-esteem to create a healthy atmosphere for your family.
A WOMAN'S JOB IS TO BE HAPPY:
THE VALUE OF JOY.
Serving Hashem b’simcha - getting in touch with who we are through Joy & Simcha.
MEN CHOOSING PAINT COLORS WILL NEED A NOTE FROM THEIR WIVES:
THE WOMAN, THE CEO OF THE FAMILY.
The home is the woman. No one knows the intimate workings and needs of our homes and families like we do. It is the most important job that we do on Earth – building foundations for our families, and we are created for it.
• The myth of the 6 armed woman, and the thought that you are missing 4.
• every physical tasks of a mother is indeed Divine service.
• Why Steve Jobs was irreplaceable.
• Power or burden?
• When mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Creating the mood of the home.
• Children are resilient and you are not perfect.
YOURS, MINE, & NOW THEIRS.
• Who am I.
• What do I bring to the picture.
• Where am I valuable.
• Feelings of failure.
• The myth of the perfect mother.
• You are the daughter of a king - dignity.
GIVING FROM AN OVERFLOWING CUP:
TRUE SELF CARE
Like a Mezuzah, if we are worn out, we are no good.
• Recharging the batteries. Self. Marriage.
• Everything takes time.
• The engine light is on. Taking care of your health.
• Women and Food – The first recorded sin in the Bible.
• Nutrition, the dryer, and eating too much.
GET A GRIP WOMAN!
TIME/LIFE MANAGEMENT & A LOVE FOR LISTS
What lights me up? Who is My Team? What are my skills? What are my successes?
Creating the dance on paper – schedules and routines that reflect your goals and priorities.
SURFING 101: HOME MANAGEMENT
If you want a husband and children, your home may never be perfectly clean – everything is a trade-off.
• Your home is a training ground.
• Streamlining laundry, cleaning, and other tasks.
• Is this a rummage sale or my child's bedroom? Strategies for stuff.
• Food schedules and meal plans.
• Minimize, simplify, reduce. Organize - everything has a home with nothing extra, just like Hashem's world.
• Lists – breaking the project down into smaller tasks, and not using your mind as a hard drive.